Letters of Recommendation
If you need a letter of recommendation for a scholarship, a stay abroad, a research training group, a summer school or anything else, Prof. Schmidt will be glad to help you. However, a letter of recommendation only makes sense, if he can tell something about you. Therefore it is mandatory that you have attended at least one course of Prof. Schmidt and have received a grade. The more Prof. Schmidt knows about you, the more informative and valuable the letter of recommendation will be. A letter in which he merely confirms that you are a nice person is worthless.
Students, who do not study Economics (Volkswirtschaftslehre) as main subject and only have attended Mikroökonomie I tought by Prof. Schmidt, should ask a professor of their main subject to write a letter of recommendation.
If you wish to get a letter of recommendation, please consider the following points:
- Prof. Schmidt needs the following documents for the letter of recommendation:
- A curriculum vitae with photograph.
- A list of all attended courses tought by him, and all achieved grades.
- A copy of your graduation diploma, pre-diploma (if applicable) or an official list of credits obtained so far.
- A letter of motivation (why you want to go abroad/ to receive the scholarship/etc.).
- Your email address and phone number.
- Until which date the letter of recommendation is needed.
- In which language (German or English) it should be written.
- For which institutions the letter of recommendation is needed.
- If applicable, prepared forms for the letter of recommendation. Please fill in all parts of the forms which you are able to (your name, the program you are applying to, etc.).
- You will need most of these documents for your application anyway.
If you consider these points and think about them before your office hour appointment, Prof. Schmidt will gladly write the letter of recommendation and is looking forward to getting to know you better.